The Lake George Arts Project is seeking submissions for its Peoples Pixel Project – 2011: A Festival of Short Videos which will be held on January 22, 2011 at the Charles Wood Theater in Glens Falls. The festival is open to everyone living within 100 mile radius of Lake George. The deadline for all entries is November 20, 2010.
Entries may originate in any format, however:
One video per disk. Video disks with more than one film will be rejected.
Entries MUST be submitted for playback in two formats – one disk per format
FORMAT 1: DVD in NTSC format (common to most DVD players). DVD must NOT include menus or any formatting which does allow direct playback upon disk load.
FORMAT 2: AVI PC file.
All videos must be labeled with title, producer(s) name, category and total running time.
Entrants may submit up to 3 individual works in any category for which they are qualified. Please complete one form for each submission [pdf].
Entries deemed not suitable for a general audience will not be selected for screening.
Three awards will be presented in each of the following categories:
1. Tunes: Music related video where the primary focus is the music. Music MUST be original work for which the entrant owns the copyright.
2. U14: Work by artists 14 years old and younger in any category.
3. Get Reel: Documentary video.
4. Animated: Stop action, table-top animation, computer generated, hand-drawn, slideshow, etc., as long as it is not PRIMARILY live action.
5. Experimental: Experimental work, not necessarily narrative.
6. Narrative: Tell a story, but make it quick!
7. Short Shorts: Less than 60 seconds!(*new this year)