The Lake Champlain Basin Program (LCBP) is seeking proposals for local grants to support the implementation of the long term management plan for Lake Champlain, Opportunities for Action (plan.lcbp.org).
The LCBP anticipates awarding more than 50 local grants totaling up to $650,000. Funding for these awards originates from the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Great Lakes Fishery Commission and the National Park Service through agreements with the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission.
The Lake Champlain Basin Program’s 2014 Local Implementation Grant programs will include:
- Pollution Prevention & Wildlife Habitat Conservation Grants (up to $20,000 per grant),
- Aquatic Invasive Species Spread Prevention Grants (up to $15,000 per grant),
- Education and Outreach Grants (up to $7,500 per grant),
- Organizational Support Grants (up to $4,000 per grant), and
- Local Water Trail Development Grants (up to $7,500 per grant).
The deadline for submitting LCBP grant proposals is November 5, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Grant guidelines and applications for each category are found on the Lake Champlain Basin Program’s website at http://www.lcbp.org/about-us/grants-rfps/available-grants/.
For further information about these grant opportunities or to obtain hard copies of the guidelines and applications, please contact the Lake Champlain Basin Program office, 54 West Shore Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458 or call at (802) 372-3213 or call (800) 468-5227.