The LCBP anticipates awarding up to 80 grants totaling over $1 million dollars. Funding for these LCBP awards originates from the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Great Lakes Fishery Commission and the National Park Service through agreements with the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission.
The Lake Champlain Basin Program’s 2015 Local Implementation Grant categories include:
Grant Applications due August 28, 2015
- Organizational Support Grants (up to $4,000 per award),
- CVNHP Local Heritage Grants (up to $5,000 per award),
- CVNHP Conservation and Community Grants (up to $5,000 per award).
Grant Applications due September 24, 2015:
- Pollution Prevention & Wildlife Habitat Conservation Grants (up to $20,000 per award),
- Aquatic Invasive Species Spread Prevention Grants (up to $15,000 per award),
- Flood Resilience & Climate Change Grants (up to $20,000 per award),
- Impervious Surface Management in Schools (up to $20,000 per award),
- Watershed Organization Support for Road Maintenance (up to $20,000 per award),
- Education and Outreach Grants (up to $10,000 per award).
Grant guidelines and applications for each category are found on the Lake Champlain Basin Program’s website at http://www.lcbp.org/about-us/grants-rfps/available-grants/.
Later in the fall, the LCBP Steering Committee will award the funds. Proposals will be evaluated and ranked through a peer review process during September and October. Up to 50 volunteers will develop the funding recommendations for the Steering Committee to consider.
For further information about these grant opportunities or to obtain hard copies of the guidelines and applications, please contact the Lake Champlain Basin Program office, 54 West Shore Road, Grand Isle, VT 05458 or call (800) 468-5227.