The Adirondack Community-based Trails and Lodging System (ACTLS) project, an initiative that is expected to develop a conceptual plan for potential trail networks with key locations for lodging facilities within the Adirondack Park, has scheduled nine Community Workshops.
The workshops are designed to inform the public of the project’s objectives and to share work completed to date regarding existing and planned trails, lodging facilities, and tourism destinations. The workshops are also designed to solicit knowledge of existing trails as well as additional input on prospective new trails and connections that would contribute to a hut-to-hut system. Outdoor enthusiasts, lodging owners, community leaders, planners, economic developers, and those interested in the development of Adirondack hut-to-hut routes are encouraged to attend.
The workshops will be held as follows:
– Star Lake 10/11/16 Tuesday 7 pm Clifton-Fine School – 11 Hall Avenue, Star Lake
– Old Forge 10/13/16 Thursday 7 pm Town Building – 183 Park Avenue, Old Forge
– Saranac 10/19/16 Wednesday 7 pm Saranac Town Hall – 3662 Route 3, Saranac
– Ticonderoga 10/20/16 Thursday 7 pm Community Building – 132 Montcalm Street, Ticonderoga
– Elizabethtown 10/24/16 Monday 7 pm United Church of Christ, Church Hall – 7580 Court Street, Elizabethtown
– Lake George 10/26/16 Wednesday 7 pm Lake George Town Hall, upstairs – 20 Old Post Road, Lake George
– Tupper Lake 11/1/16 Tuesday 6 pm Goff-Nelson Library, Community Room (rear entrance) – 41 Lake Street, Tupper Lake
– Lake Placid 11/10/16 Thursday 7 pm The Conference Center at Lake Placid – 2608 Main Street, Lake Placid
– Paul Smiths 11/15/16 Tuesday 7 pm Paul Smith’s College: Joan Weill Student Center, Stirling Tomkins Pine Room – Intersection of Routes 30 and 86 in Paul Smiths
For those unable to attend meetings, a website will be available to provide input here.
This project is funded by the New York State Department of State under Title 11 of the Environmental Protection Fund. For more information click here.