The village of Lake Placid will host the 8th Annual Holiday Village Stroll, complete with holiday shopping, family fun, arts and entertainment from Friday, Dec. 9 through Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016.
The Holiday Village Stroll weekend includes activities for kids and families such as a skating party, opportunities to visit with Santa, holiday movie screenings at the Palace Theatre, a tree-lighting ceremony, holiday crafts, story time and cookie decorating.
Adults may enjoy strolling Lake Placid’s Main Street adorned with ice sculptures, holiday shopping deals, specialty drinks, a Paint & Taste, and live music throughout the village. In addition, the Jingle Bell Run/Walk is a race on a 2.5-mile course around the scenic Mirror Lake, in which hundreds of visitors and locals compete; festive costumes are encouraged.
Highlights of the Holiday Village Stroll weekend include:
• Free skating party at the Lake Placid Olympic Center
• Santa’s arrival by fire truck on Main Street
• Free classic holiday movies in the old-fashioned movie theatre
• Traditional Yule Log Hunt
• Mid’s Park Holiday Celebration with tree lighting and special performance with the Lake Placid school chorus
• Adirondack Christmas musical performance at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
• “Golden Ladle” soup, chili and chowder competition with complimentary tastings, provided by local dining establishments
In addition to the Stroll activities, area hotels are offering package rates on accommodations, Main Street and Placid Pond businesses are offering shopping promotions, and area restaurants are offering specials all weekend long.
For a complete list of specials, promotions and updated events, click here.
Photo of 2014 Lake Placid Winter Stroll, provided.
Recent Almanack Comments