The Adirondack Pastel Society is celebrating their 10th Anniversary and has announced its 4th Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition is set from July 11 to August 11 at the Shirt Factory Gallery in Glens Falls.
Pastel artist Alain Picard, PSA-MP will be the guest juror of selections and awards. A two day landscape workshop with Alain will be held in the Shirt Factory Gallery on July 13 & 14, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Alain J. Picard is an award-winning artist, instructor, author and speaker. His acclaimed pastel and oil paintings have been exhibited throughout the US, Europe, China and the UK. Alain travels internationally as an art instructor, demonstrator, speaker and artistic advocate for the vulnerable.
The Adirondack Pastel Society, established in 2008, is open to any artist working in soft pastel, and to any person or organization wishing to promote participation in the medium. The group is a member of the International Association of Pastel Societies. APS provides exhibiting opportunities for pastel artists and aims to educate and encourage students and professionals in the medium of pastel by offering workshops, demonstrations and networking opportunities.
The 2018 APS Calendar of Events includes:
- Portrait Workshop II (Corey Pitkin) May 5 and 6th, 10 am to 4pm. ($200.00) 10 person maximum
- One Day Paint out with Corey Pitkin in Rogers Park June/July (Date TBD)
- Wiawaka Painting Day and reception, Sat. June 30, 2018 Lunch is $12, $135/night, Fri. & Sat., $125/night, Sun-Thurs. Meals included. (Takeyce Walter Demonstration)
- 4th Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition: July 11, 2018 – August 11, 2018. Workshop by Alain Picard will be July 13 & 14. Cost: $275.
- Widlund Gallery @Tannery Pond 2018: “Fall into Pastels” Members Exhibition, August 31 – September 27, 2018 with a reception on Thursday, Sept. 14, from 5 – 7 People’s Choice Awards.
- Annual Members Exhibition and Meeting: “Then and Now” Celebrating 10 Years October 1-31,2018, Crandall Library People’s Choice and Personal Best Awards (Reception & Meeting Date TBD)
- Meeting Schedule: May 9, June 20, Sept 19, October 18 (Time & Place TBD) All members are encouraged and welcome to attend these meetings.
For more information on the Adirondack Pastel Society visit their website.