- Conservation Easements: An In-Depth Look
- List of Conservation Easement Landowners (Data)
- Logging Operations on the Santa Clara Tract (Photos)
- Generations of Hornbecks on the trail to Castle Rock
- Campaign Furniture: The March of Portable Design
- Bears Find Easy Food At Saranac Lake Islands Campground
- DEC Adopts New Regulations at Kaaterskill Falls, Surrounding Areas
- Too Many Inexperienced People Are Climbing Whitney
- Dam Mystery: Ausable River’s Quarry Dam History
Subscribe to the Adirondack Almanack daily news e-mail. Follow Us on Twitter and Facebook.
Re: Mt, Whitney,
The same holds true for the lower elevation lower 48 as well,
there doesn’t even have to be an actual peak involved. I live close to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and Appalachian Trail, which has several instances of unprepared hikers and campers who get into sometimes very serious trouble because of a total lack of appreciation for being off the pavement..