1. All parking for the Cascade Mountain trailhead along Route 73 will be closed October 4th – October 8th.
2. Parking will be located at the Olympic Sports Complex.
3. Shuttles will pick up hikers at the Olympic Sports Complex.
4. Shuttles will run to and from the Cascade Mountain Trailhead on the half hour beginning at 7am each day.
5. The last shuttle to Cascade trailhead will leave the Olympic Sports Complex at 3pm.
6. The last shuttle to the Olympic Sports Complex will leave Cascade trailhead at 7pm each day.
7. Only the shuttles will be allowed to drop off and pick up people at the Cascade Mountain trailhead. Other vehicles are not allowed to enter the trailhead area.
8. No dogs will be allowed on the shuttle.
9. There is no overnight parking at the Olympic Sports Complex.
The Porter and Little Porter Trail from the Garden in Keene are closed this 2018 hiking season by decision of the private landowner. A reroute is being planned, but will not be completed this hiking season. As this will limit access to Cascade via Porter – further crowding the Route 73 Cascade trailhead – approach Porter Mountain via the trail from Marcy Field until the reroute is complete.
Be Prepared: Properly prepare and plan before entering the backcountry. Visit DEC’s Hiking Safety webpage and Adirondack Trail Information webpage for more information about where you intend to travel. The Adirondack Almanack reports weekly Outdoor Conditions each Thursday afternoon with closures around the Adirondack Park and other important backcountry information.