The DEC-managed campground at the site of the former Frontier Town theme park includes 91 campsites to accommodate a range of camping and visitor experiences, including:
- An equestrian camping area with 33 sites modeled after the camping areas at DEC’s Otter Creek Horse Trail facility. The area includes electrical hookups and a pavilion
- A recreational vehicle (RV) and trailer camping area with space for 13 sites with electrical hookups, fireplaces, and conveniently-located water spigots. The RV area also includes a playground
- A tent camping area with a total of 45 tent sites, including three group camping sites; three walk-in camping sites; four sites with electric vehicle charging stations; two shower buildings; a playground; and two pavilions
- A seasonal day-use area along the shoreline of the Schroon River will be available to campers and visitors to enjoy a pavilion, two playgrounds, two electric vehicle charging stations, and a comfort station
- Within the Frontier Town Campground, Equestrian and Day Use Area, a network of pedestrian trails takes visitors to four viewpoints: two along the Schroon River and two overlooking an oxbow wetland.
Campers can make reservations for this coming summer season – June 28 through Columbus Day weekend – and are encouraged to book campsites early.
For additional campground details, visit DEC’s website.