Barkeater Trails Alliance (BETA) is seeking volunteers for the Wilmington Mountain Bike Festival, set for August 30th to September 1st. Festival volunteers will be a host for the event, a resource for activities in the region, and a critical part of making this a successful event.
If you plan to volunteer, organizers ask that you dedicate at least four hours to be “on-call” during the specific time slot that you agree to fill, in order to receive the benefits listed below.
Basic Volunteer requirements:
- Over 21 years old.
- Familiarity with Wilmington and the region; knowledge of the trails is helpful but not critical!
- Prepared to spend time outdoors in potentially inclement weather for the duration of your shift.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on various tasks as needed, from help with paperwork to hauling firewood.
- A positive attitude and a love for mountain biking and BETA.
Festival volunteers receive:
- Free festival entry for the weekend including a campsite, group rides, shuttles, and music
- Free beer from our beer sponsor Big Slide Brewery (to be enjoyed after you volunteer 😉
- One super classy festival t-shirt
- Latest BETA bike map set
- The warm fuzzy feeling that you helped make an awesome bike festival possible.
To sign up, send an email to volunteer coordinator Matt McNamara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Matt will confirm that an opening is available for the time you’d like to volunteer.
Volunteer Headquarters will be based at the bike festival headquarters located in the Wilmington Youth Park in the center of town. Volunteers will check in at the same location that festival participants check into camp.
For more information on the Wilmington Mountain Bike Festival, click here.
Recent Almanack Comments