The Pavilion is a National Historic Landmark house located near Lake Champlain on the grounds of Fort Ticonderoga.
It was built in the late 1820s for William Ferris Pell and later used as a hotel, which hosted the likes of Robert Todd Lincoln, William Howard Taft and suffragist Alice Paul. Fort Ticonderoga Museum founders Sarah and Stephen Pell restored the Pavilion in 1909.
Fort Ticonderoga has recently been awarded $100,000 under the 2019 Adirondack Park Community Smart Growth Grant Program. The money is expected to help support the restoration and adaptive reuse of the Pavilion.
Restoration work on the Pavilion is ongoing and expected to be complete in 2020. The project has been funded in part by a grant from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Adirondack Park Community Smart Growth Program through appropriations from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund (EPF).
Photo of Pavilion restoration underway provided by Fort Ticonderoga.
Recent Almanack Comments