Essex County Arts Council has announced they are accepting applications for their Cultural Assistance Program (CAP) Grant. Grant funds are available to any arts, historical or preservation organization; library, museum or organization providing public programs for Essex County residents.
Application deadline is March 15th via email to email@example.com. The Arts Council no longer accepts mailed applications and only accept PDF format. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Technical assistance is available.
- 2019 CAP funded organizations must have a final report on file, submitted by February 1st, 2020, to be eligible to apply for 2020 funding.
- Any arts, historical or preservation organization; library, museum or organization providing public cultural programs for Essex County residents.
- Organizations located outside of Essex County must provide documentation of how they serve Essex County residents.
- Projects must be open to the public.
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2020.
- The organization must demonstrate managerial and fiscal competence.
- Organizations no longer need to be a member of ECAC to apply for a CAP grant.
CAP Grants will support but are not limited to the following:
- Programming expenses
- Artist fees and honorariums
- One-time use materials for programs and workshops
- Partial fees for program administration
- Rental space for the event
- Rental of equipment
- Lighting & Sound
- Professional fees and services
CAP Grants will not support the following:
- Equipment purchases (computer, theatrical or gallery lighting, sound system, exhibit systems)
- Capital improvements, building repairs, permanently installed signage
- Fundraising expenses/receptions
Grant Support Offered (one application per organization)
Project Support — maximum award is $1,000.
General Operating Support (GOS) – maximum award is $1,000. To qualify, organizations must have an annual budget of over $65,000 and at least one paid staff member.
In prior years the average grant award was $562.50.
More information can be found on the Essex County Arts Council website.