Sienna College Research Institute released its latest poll findings today. Among them:
- 87% of NYers approve of Cuomo’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, while 41% approve of Trump’s handling.
- Nearly three-quarters of NYers are VERY concerned about the pandemic (92% are concerned), with 79% concerned that they will get the virus.
- Nearly one-third of NYers know someone who has tested positive.
- 53% of NYers agree with statement “Things Will Be Back to Normal Sometime Soon,” 44% Say they’re not confident “America Will be Back to Normal Anytime Soon.”
- One-quarter say someone in their household has been laid off from work.
The poll was conducted March 22-26, 2020 by telephone calls conducted in English to 566 New York State registered voters. Sampling was conducted via a stratified dual frame probability sample of both landline and cell phone telephone numbers.