This week, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the North Country Region is ready to initiate phase one of New York State’s reopening process, with some businesses being able to open as early as Friday. However, many of the disruptions to day to day life made over the past few months will have a lasting impact, and according to the Adirondack North Country Association (ANCA), “back to business” will not be “business as usual.”
State and local organizations are sharing resources in order to help expedite the reopening process, and ANCA has added some reopening resources to their COVID-19 response page including:
- Back to Business webinars hosted be the North Country Chamber of Commerce.
- Business Basics Reopening Toolkit provided by the St. Lawrence Chamber of Commerce.
- Path Forward: Navigating the Return to Work weekly series with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- New York Forward reopening updates.
There will also be a series of webinars and virtual events happening throughout May in support of COVID-19 and returning to work post quarantine.
Other webinars and virtual events are as follows, with information provided by ANCA:
- Thursday, May 14, 1 p.m. Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) Direct Assistance to Producers Webinar, hosted by USDA Agricultural Marketing Service and Farm Service Agency. Webinar recording will be available here.
- Thursday, May 14, 3 p.m.: Path Forward: Navigating the Return to Work, weekly series hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Thursdays at 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 15, 10:00 a.m.: Messaging Customers: Email, Text & Message Bots Webinar, by Cornell Cooperative Extension and Breaking Even Communications
- Friday, May 15, 12:00 p.m.: National Small Business Town Hall, weekly webinar series presented by Inc. and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Fridays at noon
- Friday, May 15, 3:00 p.m.: Keeping Workers Safe as Businesses Re-open: Lessons from the Front Lines webinar, by Centerstate Corporation for Economic Opportunity
- Tuesday, May 19, 9:00 a.m.: Back to Business 2020: Retooling Your Business, part of a Insights on Restarting the Capital Region Economy webinar series, presented by he Times Union and Hugh Johnson Advisors. Also streamed on the Times Union’s YouTube and Facebook channels.
Recent Almanack Comments