Regardless of which phase you are in, each business will need a plan in place of how they can re-open safely.
The St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce has provided the following resources for developing your re-opening plan:
- Create a Business Safety Plan to share with employees and to keep on file at your business. It does not need to be submitted. NYS has provided templates available here. The US Chamber of Commerce has links by sector to guidelines which can be put into a plan of action, available for viewing Check out St. Lawrence Counties Public Health Reopening Rubric Checklist as well.
- Utilize the NY Forward Website in order to view guidelines from your specific industry, and to read and affirm your compliance through an online form.
- Prepare your workplace by printing and posting flyers for customers and employees made by the CDC. Utilize a daily sign in to track symptoms and to help stop the spread. A template for the sign in can be found And stock up on necessary supplies
- Communicate with your customers, suppliers, and employees so they know the new process and procedures your business will be following.
Prerecorded webinars are also available to watch to be better prepared for the reopening process:
- St. Lawrence County Business Reopening, presented by STLC Public Health on the state of COVID-19 in the county, and the phase 1 reopening along with safety guidelines and recommendations. Click Here to view the 1-hour St. Lawrence County Business Reopening Webinar.
- PPP: Preparing for Forgiveness, created by the Small Business Development Center and Business Council of Westchester on receiving PPP loans, and how to maximize forgiveness and best use the funding available to you in order to sustain your business. Click here to view the 1.5-hour PPP: Preparing for Forgiveness Webinar. Includes a valuable Q&A section. After watching the webinar, if you wish to receive forgiveness, click here for an application.
SUNY Canton Small Business Development Center is also available to help you create a business plan with free counseling as well. Click here to make a virtual appointment.