For an old-fashioned twist on a blueberry dessert, try this delicious blueberry cake recipe, created and shared by a very dear family friend. The flavors of blueberry and lemon blend beautifully, making it a lovely addition to any summertime meal. You can top it with vanilla ice cream, more blueberries, or just enjoy it as is!
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs, Well Beaten
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- Zest of One Lemon (optional)
- ¼ Cup Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reserve ½ Cup of flour to dredge blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar, until blended. Add eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla, and continue to blend. Add dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder), and mix until combined.
- Dredge blueberries in flour (add blueberries to flour, and gently mix until blueberries are covered in flour), and then fold dredged blueberries into cake batter. Fold in lemon zest, if desired.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×13 pan, and then pour cake batter into pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of cake, and then place cake pan into preheated oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes, or until done (a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean).
- Place cake pan on unheated surface, and allow cake to cool before removing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1 slice cake | Servings per recipe: 20; Calories: 228, total fat: 5.9 g, saturated fat: 3.2 g, trans fat: 0.2 g; cholesterol: 49.7 mg, sodium: 233.4 mg , carbohydrates: 40.1 g, fiber: 1 g, sugar: 22.4 g, protein: 4.1 g