Tomatoes are finally ripe, so here is a recipe for salsa fresca. Although it is delicious as-is, if it sits, covered in the refrigerator, for an hour or so before serving, the flavors have a chance to blend even better.
Any type of salsa is delicious, but there is something incredible about salsa made from fresh ingredients, and not cooked or processed in any way.
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (including seeds) – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or garlic granules)
- Chop all of the vegetables into small pieces, and place in a large bowl. Add lime juice and seasonings, and stir. It’s ready to eat!
Nutritional Information : Serving size: 1 Tablespoon| Servings per recipe: around 20 | Per Serving: 11.3 kCal, 0.1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat. | 30.1 mg sodium | 2.6 g carbohydrates, 0.6 g fiber, 1.3 g sugar | 0.4 g protein