Although the Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb (run by SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry) has been closed, the team there has produced a video series called “Newcomb Naturalist Notes.”
They produced five episodes this summer, with more planned in the future. Click the links below to learn
- Beavers & their extraordinary adaptations
- Beavers & their ability to modify their environment
- The logging history of Rich Lake
- The Eastern Hemlock
ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE DENNON WALANTUS
Dennon Walantus is the 2020 Artist-in-Residence at the AIC.
This summer presented an interesting challenge to offering programming with him. AIC created two videos of Walantus at work painting en plein air and hosted two live Conversations around Art as well.
See the videos:
- Field Marks @ The Cold River
- Field Marks @ the AIC
- Conversations around Art: Dennon’s tool bag
- Conversations around Art: Dennon’s Process