Happy (almost) fall! While the fall equinox falls on Sept. 22 this year, the cooling temps and foliage color changes have found me peeking through the Almanack archive for articles about autumn.
Here are a few for your review:
- Early pops of color: From 2018, Paul Hetzler on trees that change early.
- More early color: Paul Hetzler also wrote about the same topic in 2015
- British soldier lichens, which add to the fall color
- Fall color, explained: From 2013, an explainer article from Amy Ivy, former executive director of Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Clinton County office.
- Fishers in fall: A wildlife story from last year.
Stay informed about news and information about the Adirondacks by signing up for the Almanack’s daily news digest: https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/sign-email-updates
Recent Almanack Comments