Here is a kid-friendly recipe for oatmeal energy bites. They are full of protein, nutrients, and healthy fats, are easy for people of all ages – especially kids – to make, and are the perfect school, work, or any time snack.
Oatmeal Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and mix until combine.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and let chill for about half an hour. This helps to ensure the balls stick together when they are rolled.
- After chilled, measure a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until all mixture is used, about 20 balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for much longer.
Nutrition Information: (1 serving) – Calories: 163; Total Fat: 10.1g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 41.8mg; Carbohydrates: 15.9g; Fiber: 4.3g; Sugar: 7.7g; Protein: 4.9g
*Recipe courtesy of dietetic intern, Michelle Walker