DEC Commissioner Basil Seggos has announced new upgrades and functionality for the online DECinfo Locator tool that provides enhanced access to DEC documents and public data about the environment and outdoor recreation resources. DECinfo Locator was launched a year ago with over 50 data layers and now boasts more than 65, with more on the way.
Water-related data layers include:
- Wastewater Facilities (SPDES permits)
- Water Withdrawal Annual Reports
- Dams and Associated Regulatory Program Data
- Water Inventory/Priority Waterbody List (WI/PWL)
- Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)
- Regulatory Tidal Wetlands