We’ve had a lot of history stories this week from contributors, which has been great! But I realized we were short on nature/wildlife content so I pulled a few from the Almanack archive:
- All about the fall cankerworm, by Tom Kalinowski in 2014.
- In 2017, Paul Hetzler writes about how the humble squirrel unwittingly sows seeds as it prepares for winter
- As we gear up for Halloween, here’s an overview from DEC about everyone’s favorite ‘spooky’ animal, the bat.
- Another bat story by Tom Kalinowski, that looks at the little brown bat population following the white nose syndrome outbreak.
- From 2016, a look at why some spring peeper frogs are still singing in the fall