Farmhouse Apple Crisp
This has to be one of my favorite comfort food recipes of all times. When I was growing up, my mom would make apple crisp in a giant pan. As soon as the crisp came out of the oven, my sisters and I would descend on the hot pan like ravenous vultures, happily devouring every last crumb. Although this version won’t make the giant pan-sized apple crisp that my mom made, it will allow you to enjoy the exact same delicious apple crisp that my sisters and I did, and still do to this day. Enjoy!
Number of servings per recipe: 8
- 4 cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (tart and flavorful varieties are best)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter (or butter substitute)
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sliced apples in 8” x 8” x 2” pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients except oats, and then cut in butter (or butter substitute).
- Add oats and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are soft and the topping is a golden brown.
- Sere warm, alone, or topped with vanilla ice cream!
Nutrition Information: servings per recipe: 8 | Calories: 228.6; total fat: 8.3 g; saturated fat: 4.9 g; trans fat: 0 g; cholesterol: 20.3 mg; sodium: 8 mg; carbohydrates: 38.7 g; fiber: 2.5 g; sugar: 26.6 g, protein: 1.8 g
Recent Almanack Comments