I love yummy recipes that I can throw together very quickly on busy work nights. This one certainly meets that criteria! This simple vegan chili is easy to make, and comes together in only a few minutes, but is bursting with flavor, making it one of my favorites, especially during the colder months of the year.
Feel free to switch out different beans (I sometimes like to only use black beans or to use Jacob’s cattle beans), or to use fire roasted diced tomatoes.
This recipe is especially good paired with buttermilk biscuits or corn bread. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add all ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook on low for 10-15 minutes, until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!
Number of servings per recipe: 6.
Recipe adapted from Shane and Simple
Nutrition Information: servings per recipe: 6 | Calories: 276 , total fat: 1.9 g, saturated fat: 0 g, trans fat: 0 g; cholesterol: 0 mg, sodium: 354.5 mg, carbohydrates: 51.5 g, fiber: 19.1 g, sugar: 6 g, protein: 16.7 g