From now until the New Year we’re counting 2020, looking back month by month at the most popular stories that ran in the Almanack.
Coronavirus dominated the headlines (and pretty much all our attention) in April. In fact, since the pandemic began, we’ve posted 171 stories to date tagged “coronavirus.” Here are the top five posts from April (ranked by number of comments made) and four of the five are related to the pandemic:
- BOAT LAUNCHES CLOSED: And marinas, and golf courses…. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/04/nys-closes-boat-launches-marinas-golf-courses.html
- TELE-TOWN HALL: One of the first of many virtual events to come. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/04/tele-town-hall-with-elise-stefanik-billy-jones-and-dan-stec.html
- OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS LIST: Our ongoing list of cancelations and reopenings has gained a lot of traction (is in the Top 10 for the year) https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/04/covid-19-related-closings-and-delays-in-the-adirondacks.html
- RANGER REPORT: This one drew some attention. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/04/rangers-issue-tickets-to-climbers-search-and-rescue-on-hadley-mt.html
- INTROVERTS UNITE: Tim Rowland’s humorous take on social distancing. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/04/introverts-unite-from-a-distance.html
In case you missed it, here’s a review of January’s top stories.
And here are the top five from February