From now until the New Year we’re counting 2020, looking back month by month at the most popular stories that ran in the Almanack. In July, we were able to step back a bit from coronavirus news and look at some “big picture” issues.
Here are the top five posts from July (ranked by number of comments made):
- SPEAKING OUT AGAINST RACISM: https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/07/courage-and-cowardice-nows-the-time-to-act.html
- ADK ON HIGH PEAKS USE: https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/07/adk-takes-stance-on-high-peaks-use-recommendations.html
- NYCO AMENDMENT: Peter Bauer has this analysis. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/07/nyco-amendment.html
- WHITNEY ESTATE, BOND ACT: Adirondack Council’s reaction to both. https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/07/adk-council-reacts-to-loss-of-bond-act-urges-state-to-acquire-whitney-estate.html
- VIRUS POLL: https://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2020/07/nyers-fear-return-of-virus-in-latest-siena-poll.html
In case you missed it, here’s a review of January’s top stories.
And here are the top five from February
Francine Newman, valedictorian of Saranac Lake High School’s class of 2020, from YouTube