The Foxy Brown X-Ski Trail is a 5.6-mile trail located within the Jessup River Wild Forest. After traveling along the Piseco Airport runway, the trail routes users primarily through a northern hardwood forest. To complete the loop, users must cross the runway, so be sure to check for oncoming aircraft before traveling back to the trailhead and parking area.
In 2019, DEC entered into a Volunteer Stewardship Agreement with Piseco Lake Association (PLA) allowing PLA to maintain the trail. During the 2020 field season, DEC Lands & Forest staff and PLA volunteers made the following improvements:
- Construction of a 150’ ski bridge
- Replacement-in-kind by the PLA board of a 25’ ski bridge
- Repairs to an existing bridge
- Brushing and blowdown removal on the 6.2-mile trail
- Installation of new signage and trail markers, including mileage markers every quarter-mile
- Removal of foot snags and large rocks from the trail tread