In order to help support small business during the COVID-19 pandemic, up to $3,000,000 in reimbursement grants at $5,000 per business is being offered to eligible applicants. This program, lead by “Raising the NYS Bar Restaurant Recovery Fund” was created in support of full-service restaurants, arguably the industry hit the hardest by the pandemic, during the winter months where temperature and weather prevents outdoor dining.
To qualify for the program, an establishment must:
- Be full-service restaurants (NAICS code 722511), or establishments engaged in providing food services and meals prepared on-premises to patrons who traditionally order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), including on-premises food and drinking establishments licensed through the State Liquor Authority (SLA). Establishments providing take out or grab and go food services due to COVID-19 restrictions are also eligible;
- Franchises are not eligible;
- Have no more than $3 million in 2019 revenue;
- Be located in New York State;
- Have been in operation on or before March 1, 2019;
- Certify and demonstrate that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Agree to comply with all applicable New York State and local reopening guidance and COVID-19 health and safety policies, including the New York Forward reopening guidance and Cluster Action Initiative guidance, as well as SLA and DOH regulations.
Adirondack Almanack file photo