Muffins cooked in oranges – whomever originally came up with this idea deserves a medal! This versatile recipe can be made with any muffin mix, allowing you to tailor it to your preferences.
- 6 oranges
- 2 (7 oz.) packages blueberry muffin mix (any muffin mix will work!), plus oil, milk, or whatever additional ingredients are specified on the box
- Cut oranges in half, and scoop out the orange segments, reserving the hollow peel shells.
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the package directions, and fill the orange peel cups half full of batter.
- Wrap each one loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place in hot coals, making sure that the batter side stays up, and cook 6-10 minutes, or until muffins are done. Serve with scooped out orange segments!
- Note: Use 3 oranges per package of muffin mix.
*Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen