Great Camp Sagamore is open for the 2021 summer and fall season, with many exciting programs and workshops lined up. The season got off to a lively start in mid-June with the Roots & Branches Endowed Music Workshop and Women’s Fly Fishing. Offering nearly two dozen arts, educational and outdoors-themed getaways with lodging and meals included, Great Camp Sagamore has something for everyone.
Many programs have already sold out already, including the Grandparents & Grandchild Camp, the Plein Air Painting Workshop, Durant’s Gilded Age Camps, and the Anne LaBastille Women’s Writing Weekend. However, there’s still many other exciting workshops still available now, such as Woodcarving, Pack Basket Making, Cycling, Night Sky Photography, and Canoeing.
We also offer Guided History Tours! In addition to our regular two-hour history tour, we are offering three different Specialty Tours at specific times throughout the season:
- Water Flowing to Great Camp Sagamore
Lighting Great Camp Sagamore
Feeding Great Camp Sagamore
Become a member and you can enjoy complimentary guided tours.
Plan Your Own Stay
Spend your time at camp however you’d like when you plan a Simply Sagamore getaway.
• Access to thousands of private acres of Adirondack wilderness
• Guided History Tours of Great Camp Sagamore
• Nature and history talks
• Swimming in Sagamore Lake
• Bowling in the open-air bowling alley
• Bocce, croquet, cornhole, and badminton
• Canoeing and paddling (on your own, or guided)
• Family-style meals in the Dining Hall
• Stargazing under one of the darkest nighttime skies in the Northeast
• Concerts and Storytelling
• Hiking, walks and exploring (on your own, or guided)
• Or, simply relax and enjoy a true Adirondack getaway
Photo at top: Seasonal staff, (from left) Maddie, Katie, Amalia, Sophie, Randy, and Anna, are ready to welcome visitors to camp.