I love blueberries. I love blueberry jam. As such, I love to eat blueberry jam on toast (especially sourdough!), drizzled on fruit, as a topping for sorbet, or by the (very large) spoonful. When making any sort of jam, it is important to have a good quality fruit. When the blueberries are amazing, the blueberry jam will also be amazing! This jam will keep for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar OR ½ cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (optional)
- Combine blueberries, sugar, lime juice, and lime zest in a medium saucepot. Bring the mixture to boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium.
- Let the jam cook for 15-25 minutes until the blueberries have broken down and the mixture has thickened.
- Transfer cooked jam into sterilized glass jars. Let the jam cool uncovered at room temperature. Cover jars and keep jam in refrigerator for up to three weeks. Enjoy!