The Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation invites one and all to celebrate Common Loons, the fascinating icon of the Adirondack, at the Paul Smith’s College VIC (8023 NYS Rte. 30) from 1-4:30pm on Sunday, October 10th.
This free, fun-filled “loony” day will feature activities for the whole family, including:
- Children’s crafts, scavenger hunt, and activities
- Penelope the Clown will be making balloon sculptures and doing face-painting
- Silent Auction
- Food available for purchase from Mac’s Mobile Eats
- Beer available for purchase from Hex and Hop
- 2-3:00pm: Presentation by author Dr. Jim Paruk: Loon Lessons: Uncommon Encounters with the Great Northern Diver”
- 3:15 pm: Hornbeck Canoe raffle drawing
- 3:30-4:30pm: Music by Dan Berggren and Tyler Dezago, reception, and silent auction
At the Loon Celebration, we will pull the winning raffle ticket for a special Hornbeck boat that was donated to the Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation, allowing us to raise money and awareness for the conservation of Common Loons, Gavia immer, within the Adirondack Park.
Raffle tickets are $20 each or 6 for $100 To purchase raffle tickets, learn more about Pete Hornbeck, and to see photos of the boat building process visit our website at www.adkloon.org or call 518-354-8636.