Are you looking for some sweet and easy treats that are also refined sugar and allergen-free? These cocoa and coconut macaroons are dairy, nut, and gluten-free. They come together quickly, satisfy a sweet craving, and are kid-friendly! I sometimes roll mine in a little extra shredded coconut, or sprinkle some shaved dark cocoa on them. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Scoop about 1-2 Tablespoons’ worth of dough and roll in one hand to create firm little bites.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information: Serving size: 1/15th recipe | Servings per recipe: 15 | Calories: 79, total fat: 6.7 g, saturated fat: 5.5 g, cholesterol: 0 mg, sodium: 3.9 mg, carbohydrates: 5.3 g, fiber: 2.5 g, sugar: 2.2 g, protein: 1.1 g
*Recipe adapted from Frugal Nutrition
Photo courtesy of https://www.frugalnutrition.com/cocoa-coconut-macaroons-vegan-nut-free-gluten-free/
The cocoanut macaroons look delicious I’m going to make some soon thank you
You are very welcome! I hope that you enjoy them 🙂