As a lean, mean non-profit news organization, every dollar in donations we receive goes directly into our journalism, to put reporters in every corner of the Adirondack Park, to dig deeply into the environmental and human issues of importance to all who live and visit our region.
This past year has been one of tremendous growth. Some highlights:
- AN EYE ON OUR WATERS: We are the only publication in the Adirondacks with a full-time reporter following water quality issues.
- DOUBLING DOWN ON THE ENVIRONMENT: We also have a staff reporter dedicated to environmental policy.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE: In addition to our team in Saranac Lake, we now have staff and freelance writers in various parts of the park. Places such as Old Forge, northern Oneida County, northern Saratoga County, Essex County, the Champlain Valley, St. Lawrence County.
- Growing this network of contributors has allowed us to bring you more community-based news on topics such as housing, broadband, infrastructure and more.
- DAILY UPDATES: We now have a full-time Digital Editor, overseeing our two sites: www.adirondackexplorer.org and our community-run forum, the Adirondack Almanack www.
adirondackalmanack.com. Both are updated throughout the day and our readership has doubled this past year, and remain free to access and open to all.
If you trust our journalism and our mission to preserve the land, water, and communities of the Adirondacks, please help us reach $110,000. Thanks to our board members and the Cloudsplitter Foundation for kicking off our campaign by offering to match all donations for a total of $55,000.
Our small team of journalists is thinking big. Help us grow even bigger! And thanks for reading and supporting local journalism.
Now through December 31 a gift to the Adirondack Explorer will be matched 12 times for a monthly pledge or double your one-time gift. Thanks to generous contributions from Explorer board members and the Cloudsplitter Foundation, this matching gift challenge is part of NewsMatch, an industry-wide movement to sustain journalism through fundraising campaigns such as this one.