Pizza has always been a staple in my household. When my children were younger, we would make pizza from scratch at least once each week. This version of easy cheesy pizza rolls, is a twist on the traditional pizza recipe, creating yummy hand-holdable rolls that are easy to dunk in additional marinara sauce. Feel free to customize these rolls to your preferences. I follow a vegan diet, so do not use any dairy products in mine (and I dearly love putting pineapple as one of my filling ingredients). My kiddos love ground venison, chopped steamed broccoli, or roasted chicken. Since this recipe is extremely quick and easy to make, you can make and cook several at one time. Enjoy!
- 1 container prepared pizza dough (or one pizza-size portion of homemade dough)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese (non-dairy cheese can be substituted)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (non-dairy cheese can be substituted)
- Additional toppings, if desired (e.g., pepperoni, chopped peppers, meat crumbles, etc.)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (optional, for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On clean surface, stretch dough out into large, rectangular shape. Spread ½ cup tomato sauce across the dough, and then evenly sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top. Add additional toppings, if desired.
- Roll dough up, starting with the shorter end.
- Place roll on baking tray, and bake at 350 for around 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Slice rolls and serve with additional tomato sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Serving size: one roll | Servings per recipe: around 8 | Per Serving: 330 kCal, 7 g fat, 3.8 g saturated fat, 0.2 g trans fat | 727 mg sodium | 2.8 g carbohydrates, 2.4 g fiber, 4.1 g sugar | 18.5 g protein
Leave a Reply