The Adirondack Center for Writing (ACW) is pleased to announce the return of PoemVillage, a beloved community-centered program celebrating local poetry from neighbors and friends annually since it was established in 2016. The program is only open to poets with ties to the North Country region in New York State. This year, ACW will be hanging poems in windows all around Saranac Lake during National Poetry Month (April). Also, bundles of locally-harvested poems will be safely delivered to inboxes and to the ACW website daily from April 15 – May 15.
Review these guidelines before submitting to PoemVillage:
1. Submissions will be open from March 1 to April 1
2. Each person may submit up to 3 poems. You will copy/paste your poems into the provided form.
3. Poems must be within 300 words and 25 lines, those too long will not be included, so please edit before submitting your poem.
4. Please ensure that you have rights to offer this poem for publication. This poem must be your own work.
5. PoemVillage and the poems displayed are open only to poets with ties to the Adirondacks. If you do not have ties to the region, please refrain from sending us poems. We consider the Adirondack region anywhere within 30 minutes of the Adirondack Park.
5. Our plan is to publish all poems that meet these guidelines. We do reserve the right to not publish any poem that we feel does not reflect the community standards of Saranac Lake. This does not mean poems must be positive, but they cannot be hateful, violent, or threatening.
Those who wish to submit a poem can do so at this link: https://adirondackcenterforwriting.submittable.com/submit
Questions may be directed to Tyler Barton at the Adirondack Center for Writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACW staff expressed gratitude to both new and returning PoemVillage sponsors, adding that sponsors ensure that every community member can be a part of PoemVillage completely free, regardless of financial status. Those who wish to view more information about sponsorship can do so here: https://adirondackcenterforwriting.org/2019/02/05/event-sponsorship/