Do you dream of owning a small business, but find the idea of starting from scratch daunting? You can make your dream come true by purchasing an existing business. Join the Center for Businesses in Transition (CBIT) partnership for a three-part virtual training that will get you up to speed on the small business buying process and current business transition environment.
- What: Basics & Beyond for Small Business Buyers
- When: Mix & match individual training sessions to complete the 3-part series. We are offering Tuesday evening & Wednesday morning options to work with your schedule:
Session 1: May 31, 5:30 to 7 pm or June 1, 7:30 to 9 am
Session 2: June 14, 5:30 to 7 pm or June 15, 7:30 to 9 am
Session 3: June 28, 5:30 to 7 pm or June 29, 7:30 to 9 am
- Where: Virtual
- Cost: FREE
In the training, we’ll cover:
- The State of Small Business Transitions – What are the trends around recent small business sales – Who’s buying, who’s selling and for how much?
- Prepping to Buy a Small Business – What can you do now to buy and manage a successful small business in the future?
- Finding Businesses for Sale – Where do you look for a small business to buy? Many Sellers don’t have their businesses publicly ‘on the market’ – How do you find them?
- The Vetting of Businesses and Buyers – You’ll need to learn a lot about any business you’re interested in buying and a Seller will want to learn about you – What does that process look like?
- Business Valuation Basics – We’ll cover ‘rule of thumb’ valuations to understand how a small business is valued – Let’s make sure you’re not paying too much!
- Financing Options – What funding sources are available and how do you prepare? There may be more options than you think.
- Due Diligence & Legal Considerations – The not-so-glamorous but oh-so-important aspects of buying a small business.
- Your Buyer Profile – You’ll create a Buyer Profile to match you with available businesses you may want to learn more about (optional).
Those who wish to register for the training can do so by clicking here.
Thank you to our partners
Thank you to the CBIT partner organizations and community liaisons who make opportunities like this possible: Franklin County Economic Development Corp., Hamilton County Economic Development, Lewis County Economic Development, St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, Saranac Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce, and Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber of Commerce.
This program is brought to you with additional support from our partners in training at EDC Warren County, Ti-Alliance, LivingADK, the Inlet Area Business Association, and Central Adirondack Association.
Marketing and promotional support provided by The North Country Chamber of Commerce.
Questions about the training series may be directed to the CBIT team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo at top: Alicia and Joe Vilardo successfully purchased the Circle Court Motel in Ticonderoga with the support of the Center for Businesses in Transition partnership. Photo courtesy of ANCA.
Leave a Reply