It’s no secret that finding quality, affordable housing is a struggle that many people are facing in our region. Community leaders and organizations are working on ways to help ease that burden for local individuals, families and employers. All are invited to participate in a community conversation that will explore an approach that is not yet fully developed in our region — cooperative housing.
ANCA and the Cooperative Development Institute invite you to learn more:
What: Co-op 101 Learning Session
When: Wednesday, August 17, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Where: Lake Placid Central School District Auditorium
Optional Registration here: bit.ly/3AV5hC9
During the listening session you will learn what cooperative housing is and its benefits. We’ll also talk about an exciting opportunity for a new cooperative housing project in the Lake Placid area. The session will include time for questions and answers.
Who is the learning session for?
- People in need of affordable housing
- Individuals committed to community action and cooperation
- People eager to learn and interested in personal growth
- People who currently live and work or are interested in living and working in the Lake Placid region
What can I expect?
- An informal presentation about cooperative housing
- Information about cooperative housing opportunities in the Lake Placid region
- Q&A session about cooperative housing
- Refreshments and cooperation!
Stay tuned for more listening sessions in the weeks ahead.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.891.6200 with questions.
Photo at top: ANCA website photo.