My daughter recently visited. She loves vegetables, so we experimented with several different recipes during her visit (more recipes inspired by her visit – vegetable-based and otherwise – to follow in the upcoming months.) One of the most popular snacks that we made during her visit were these baked sweet potato fries. Although ridiculously simple to make, I have not made them in a while, so I enjoyed making (and eating) them with her. This recipe can be paired with your favorite dipping sauce. Ours was a maple-infused barbecue sauce that we created to pair with these fries, but feel free to use whatever sauce you love best. Enjoy!
1 sweet potato
Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper
3. Remove peel from sweet potato, and then slice sweet potato into thin “fry” shapes, about
¼ inch thick. Place sweet potato fry pieces on parchment paper-covered baking tray,
ensuring that they do not overlap.
4. Lightly spray sweet potato fries with oil spray, then sprinkle some Montreal Steak
Seasoning on top of fries.
5. Bake at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for around 10 minutes, or until fries are lightly browned
on edges and are fully cooked.
6. Remove from oven, and enjoy, paired with your favorite dipping sauce.
*Author’s note: These baked fries are best eaten right away, as they do get a bit soggy after they have been out of the oven a little while. However, the only time we ever had any get to that soggy point was when we deliberately left 3 as an experiment. They really are that good!
Photo at top: Bree’s Baked Sweet Potato Fries. Photo provided by MB Mitcham.