STAR LAKE — A six week series of workshops will help individuals living with diabetes take control of their health.
Hosted by the Wilderness HealthCare Foundation’s Wellness Committee, this in-person diabetes self management workshop series will teach individuals, loved ones and caregivers how to use a variety of self-management tools to help improve health and well-being outcomes. Topics include:
- Healthy eating, proper foot care and appropriate use of medication.
- Action planning, problem solving and decision making.
- Working more effectively with health care providers.
- Recommended tests for prevention or delay of complications.
- Appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength and endurance.
- How to use glucose monitoring to make day to day decisions and to manage sick days.
The workshop will meet weekly on Thursdays for six weeks, starting Sept. 28 and ending Nov. 2. Each session will take place from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Class dates are Sept. 28, Oct. 5, Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26 and Nov. 2. Each workshop will be held at the Clifton-Fine Community Center, located at 4208 State Route 3 in Star Lake.
To register, contact Julie Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 705-9415. For additional workshop details, contact John Burns at email@example.com or (315) 848-3238 or Judy Benzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 848-3598.