Hello, all. Some legislative dates that may be of interest:
- Jan. 30 the state Legislature holds a joint economic development budget hearing;
- Feb. 6 the state Legislature holds a joint local government budget hearing;
- Feb. 7 the state Legislature holds a joint environmental conservation budget hearing;
- Feb. 15 the state Legislature holds a joint housing budget hearing;
- Feb. 26 organizations come to Albany for Adirondack Lobby Day.
For a full list of budget hearing schedules go to https://nyassembly.gov/Press/?
In case you missed it, I made a short highlight video showing a day reporting in Albany:
Adirondack Park Agency
View all APA public comment and hearing opportunities at: https://apa.ny.gov/Hearings/
- There is a notice of a public hearing and comment period for a variance request proposed by New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG). NYSEG hopes to build a 3-foot wide by 20-foot long metal grate staircase between two existing concrete slabs within the 150-foot structure setback of the Saranac River recreational river area on Soper Road in the town of Saranac. The public hearing is at 9 a.m. on Feb. 14. Comments are also due by Feb. 14. To review the site plans, submit comments and view the virtual hearing link, go to https://apa.ny.gov/Hearings/
- The Brant Lake Foundation has proposed to use the aquatic herbicide ProcellaCOR EC within five treatment zones in Brant Lake to control invasive Eurasian watermilfoil. Comments are due by Feb. 15. To view the treatment areas and to submit comments, go to https://apa.ny.gov/Hearings/
- Building contractor Schuyler LLC is proposing to create a four-lot subdivision in the area of Dayton Drive/New York State 9N in the town of Corinth. The plans are for three residential building lots (6.07± acres, 8.06± acres, and 11.6± acres) to be accessed using a shared driveway off Dayton Drive and one lot with no proposed development along NYS 9N (26.6 acres). One single family dwelling is proposed on each building lot, to be served by an individual on-site wastewater treatment system and municipal water. Comments are due by Feb. 15. To review the site plans and submit comments, go to https://apa.ny.gov/Hearings/
- Verizon Wireless is proposing to build a new 89-foot-tall monopole telecommunications tower, inclusive of a four-foot lighting rod, with an antenna array centerline height of 85 feet above ground level on state Route 9 in the town of Chesterfield. Comments are due by Feb. 15. To view site plans and submit comments, go to https://apa.ny.gov/Hearings/
Environmental Notice Bulletin
View all the state Department of Environmental Conservation’s weekly environmental notice bulletin projects. There are no new projects in the Adirondack region out for public comment.
The DEC is, however, looking for feedback on accessibility for people with disabilities to Great Camp Santanoni in the town of Newcomb. Public comments answering the state’s request for information are due by Feb. 23. Read more in the story below. We will be continuing to cover this issue and the feedback the state receives.
Photo at top: Gov. Kathy Hochul delivers her executive budget proposal on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2024 in Albany. Photo by Gwendolyn Craig.
This first appeared in Gwen’s weekly “Adirondack Report” newsletter. Click here to sign up.