The Adirondack Almanack is a collaborative, online Adirondack community. Conversation here adds to our understanding of local issues, brings in new perspectives and ideas. It is a friendly place and comments are welcomed and encouraged, but there are some basic rules for maintaining the openness and integrity of the discussion:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but dialogue should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments that use profanity will be deleted.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, racist, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libelous language.
- Disagreement is a key part of discussions, but we’ll remove comments that harass or attack a community member with a different perspective. If you disagree with someone, state your reasons why. Please be respectful toward other community members!
- As much as possible, let’s stick to fact-based discussions. Posts with unsubstantiated claims, or false assertions, along with blatant self-promotion will be flagged and possibly removed.
- You must use a name or nickname—some identifier—to comment here.
If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know at editor@adirondackAlmanack.com.
Recent Almanack Comments