The Lake George Land Conservancy (LGLC) and Wiawaka Center for Women (Wiawaka) announced their partnership to conserve 47 acres of upland forest with a conservation easement. Under this conservation easement, the land will continue to be privately owned by Wiawaka, and the LGLC will ensure the land’s permanent protection and assist with its stewardship.
Wiawaka, located in the Town of Lake George, is a non-profit organization and the longest continually operating women’s retreat center in the country. The center was founded in 1903 as a destination for women working in the factories of Troy, NY, to escape the city and enjoy an affordable vacation. Today, Wiawaka continues to offer affordable accommodations and weekly programming, retreats, and evening lectures from mid-June to early September.