A notable Blue Mountain Lake historic landmark, The Steamboat Landing, is being reopened as guest accommodations. The complex was established in 1879 to serve William West Durant’s Blue Mountain and Raquette Lake Steamboat Line.
According to Richard Longstreth’s architectural guide to the Adirondacks, portions of the complex were constructed as the baggage house. The large main building was built to house the construction of the steamboat line’s largest craft, the twin-stacked, seventy-five-foot-long Tuscarora. Following the launch in 1900, the building was used to house the vessel during the off-season. » Continue Reading.